Sunday 10 November 2013

COOKING UP A STORM


This wee glass of vino is my reward for cooking up a storm this weekend.  It's been full on with my son's birthday, family visits and general busyness!  It's actually quite good to get visitors as it forces your hand on the home front to attack the pigsty (we have no curly tailed creatures but we do have the fuzz bearing Dolly Doodle to contend with .... Here she is taking a bath ...)


I am very blessed to live next to the Forvie National Nature Reserve which is an amazing haunt for wild life - birds (of the feathered variety!), seals and surrounded by sand dunes - you could be on the Moon!!  It's featured on BBC Radio 4's Secret Places & Autumnwatch on BBC the other day ...

http://colliestononline.com

http://www.nnr-scotland.org.uk/forvie/

Anyway, it really is a special place to live ...  I digress ...

So this weekend has seen a mega hoover up and major cooking session ... Meatballs & salad for tea last night; followed by the Collieston Bonfire - I just wanted to rescue this lovely table from the fire ...


Wouldn't that look fab somewhere?  My son and I had a scout round Ellon Market and got him a nifty desk chair for £8 and this lovely wooden bowl for £1 - Is that not a steal?


Today I started off a Christmas Cake for my buddy Louise ... I hope she is a Cointreau lass (too bad if she's not ... The fruit is now soaking in it!)


Right better crack on ... If only this lady could put her feet up?!! (One day maybe?). Got to light the fire first!!!


Job done!  Getting toasty!




No comments:

Post a Comment