Monday 5 August 2013

POTTY


Imagine my joy to be able to indulge in another great delight of mine ... Whilst the title of 'Pot Fest' may mean certain things to certain folks, to me, ceramics feature somewhere on my dream day out.  It was even better to catch up with a chum from way back and wander the pot stalls together.  The only hiccup was when I dropped my loot to hear it shatter ... Still superglue to the rescue once more - I reckon the crack adds to the rustic appeal!


Today has been a bit of a wash out day where we just had to frequent foodie stop after foodie stop - the enormous queue at Keswick Pool made us abandon any hope of exercise and hit Ambleside where we found the Apple Pie Bakery which welcomed dogs - kind of surreal to hear the doggie banter in between the human chit chat!  Our poor pooch was in the car so missed out on that whole cafe scene.



After a trip to the flicks to see the Smurfs (dinnae bother!) we went home via the Queens' Head at Troutbeck.  This was a total trip down memory lane - last frequented about 20 years ago.  The bar is a four poster bed; it's really neat, the ales flowed nicely and I so enjoyed my asparagus salad (even if my wee one nicked all the tips - cheeky!)




No comments:

Post a Comment