Thursday 8 August 2013

A MATTER OF LOAF AND DEATH

I

We had a close encounter with the Bakelite Girl and the crew from Wallace & Gromit at the Rheged Centre exhibition.  That's such a fun movie for baker girls like us.  Then the kids got to craft their very own Gromits ...


Bless!

We are nearing the end of our glorious gourmet week in the Lake District ... We have been pretty lazy watching all the fitness fanatics race about on the bikes up steep hills, hikers aplenty, canoeists canoodling (not really!) ...  Meanwhile we've sought out the wee boozers on remote hillsides with a fine ale on tap ... Like this one the Mortal Man ...



Check out the burgeoning beer bellies ... Still time for a tickle of the hairy beastie ...



We did go for some high wires though ... Light weight I know (tho my burgeoning girth did strain the ropes somewhat!) (oops no pics on my phone - honestly, they're shameful!). But the kids did walk on water (well try to) ...



Today we chilled on Ullswater on the Steamer boat ... Just my thing, a bit of crochet on the water ... Reminds me of my last two cruises - the Great Barrier Reef in Oz & Milford Sound in NZ - those were the days ...


The relaxing drift of the lake was just too much for M who was flat out in no time ...



Oh well back to Scotland we go tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment