Tuesday 24 September 2013

ONE SUPERB SUNNY DAY


Yesterday was such a fantastic day ... Gloriously hot (for late September - 24 degrees!)

As The Fall invite us to 'Hit the North', that's what I did (shame I only have the vinyl of that tune ... Don't think record playing car stereos stand a chance!) ...

I went on the road to Inverness to try to find some new bread outlets.  It was really fun to do - driving solo without my wee darlings in the back was such a breeze - groovy juke box on my phone.

Made it as far as Brodies Country Fare - what a great place that is.  I can thoroughly vouch for their splendid ladies toilets, where I did a wee sneaky shift into my party frock and heels, before heading off to the Glenfiddich Distillery.  It was just a beautiful warm night ... I managed to sneak a few pics ....



The occasion was a Grampian Food Forum Dining Club - really superb dinner and lots of interesting foodie folks to chat to.  We had a tour of the bonded warehouse which smelled divine with the ageing malt in oak casks and cosy lighting.  After a wonderful feast we got to 'nose' the amazing two 21 year old malts - Balvenie & Glenfiddich ... So different - the Glenfiddich got my vote.  I felt it was a cardinal sin to leave the Balvenie, as my husband would have died and gone to heaven drinking that one!  If only I'd had a chauffeur booked for the long foggy drive home!


This big jug is wonderful ... I would love one like this!



No comments:

Post a Comment