Sunday 22 September 2013

BIRTHDAY LASS





This week I have turned another year older ... 44 - there's a symbolism in that number combination - yes, I am most very definitely a middle aged wifie (if I am lucky!!)

But rather than get maudlin I just get busy!  My week kicked off with my upholstery course which was just fab!  To spend 6 hours hammering away was great - a wee tonic for my soul.  I took a few pics of the deconstruction of my stool ...


Led to this ...


Collection of vintage leather and horse hair ... Lots of dust & mega sneezing ...  Foosty is the only word for this war-time creation of rusty tacks!


Then to the rebuilding of layers of wool, horse hair, hessian, more layers, cotton, more layers, then finally my tweed cover ... Led to this ...


I was tickled pink by the result!  The only drag was the long drive back up north but it was most definitely worth the petrol  and hammer time!




No comments:

Post a Comment