Sunday 28 July 2013

SUNNY SMILEY GALA DAY



What a fabulous day at Collieston Gala we have just had.  This was our first bread stall in quite some time but boy did our loafies fly ... it was such a buzz to see that our customers were happy to have us back!  The harbour was a throng of people lapping up the sunshine and ice-creams from our newly opened ice cream shop The Smugglers Cone.  When they got too hot from the sun or the tasty burgers from the Store, they could cool off with a beer or jump off the pier.

We were so busy we never made it round all the stalls - just as well really as I never have much time for the amassed volume of second-hand books I collect anyway and I am no gardener to be tempted by the plant stall - much to my Mum's horror!  My wee lass had a lucky round on the Tombola, so came back with many alcoholic (hiccup!) delights for me ... she wisnae happy until her next round of tickets hit the Irn Bru jackpot!  She is a wee Scot fae Peterheid after all!

Anyway, enough text, as they say, a picture tells a 1000 words, so here's for some pics ...


After all the smiley faces, I thought it was about time I showed a pic with our lovely loafies ... although this one was taken late in the day after our Mediterranean Plait had sold out - hey ho!  I also think it's worth closing this post with a nice pic of our lovely loafie laddies who clearly enjoyed Collieston Gala Day!






It's great to be back baking our loafies - cheers!



No comments:

Post a Comment