Tuesday 30 July 2013

PHEW ... CAN I RELAX NOW PLEASE?






I am so beat ... it's definitely time for my summer holidays ... last week was so full on, I'm shattered! (I'm sure the whole Loaf Face crew are too!).  This wee pic shows us sand artists reveling in our lovely work for gala ... it was actually very therapeutic to do, to take a break from the grind-stone of domesticity and hang around the beach as the haar swirled about us - mist-ical no less!

Since Gala Day, I've become a photographer (trying to upload, edit & tidy up pictures), a journalist (sorting out our Facebook page), a public relations guru (I wish! drafting a press release for the Smugglers Cone, the Collieston Coastal Cafe and Loaf Face - the trio of Collieston businesses - nae bad for a village of a few hundred jolly souls), then a grant writer (we hope to be awarded some funds given the mega expense of our compostable bread bags - can you believe £1900 worth?! - I can't believe the price tag for having eco principles to reduce our carbon footprint on this wonderful planet)!

Never mind, all in a day's work ... I guess that's the joy of running a small business - the variety of jobs you get to do and the lack of any other souls to really delegate it to!  I wish (maybe one day?!).  I am so reminded of a great business book I read ages ago "Business as Unusual" by Anita Roddick, the inspirational founder of the Body Shop ... you do have to stick to your principles and values to give your business integrity ... the bottom line is great but it's not the only line for businesses to consider; I have to sleep at night & my carbon footprint is one of those things I do actually consider - I may be crazy but so be it!

Ok, time to get on with the mountain of things to do before a family holiday for 5 people & a hairy dog can commence ... This is the typical chaos I live with ... my Girl Guide returned from camp & then set up camp on the sofa ... (check the dog getting a tickle!) ...




No comments:

Post a Comment